Friday 18 November 2022 09.00-12.00
Clear writing is an acquired skill, not an art, and some simple techniques make all the difference. In this workshop, you will sharpen skills and develop techniques that you can put to immediate use:
- Define precisely the purpose of writing.
- Express complex ideas clearly.
- Increase the readability of text.
- Control ideas in sentences and paragraphs.
- Develop a list of words or phrases that shouldn’t appear in text.
- Structure content to suit the needs of readers.
- Follow Australian Government style.
- Minimise errors in text.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn the ‘language’ of senior executives, and transform your supportive work as a master EA.
Mary Quilty, Director, Learning Design
Dr Mary Quilty is Australia’s best designer and developer of learning and development programs. That’s our claim. She is a passionate and engaging facilitator who has a real soft spot for scientists and technical experts who face the challenge of communicating complex content to a general, non-specialist audience. Mary has designed and delivered face-to-face and eLearning programs and specialises in the field of policy and regulation.
Mary has a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and a background as an editor with Oxford University Press. She is an expert in making complex ideas accessible and complex arguments compelling.
Mary is also an amazing rower and competes in national titles and events.