- Identifying potential opportunities through privatisation
- Understanding the market conditions for privatisation
- What asset privatisation of infrastructure might investors see in the near future?
- Forecasting opportunities for private participation in upcoming infrastructure projects
- Assessing the success of public private partnerships
Government speaker to be announced soon
- Panel discussion: Finding quality assets at a reasonable price
- Understanding the supply and demand dynamics that are affecting infrastructure valuations
- How can investors access good infrastructure deals at appropriate valuations?
- How do fund managers add value when it comes to deal access?
- Evaluating whether the returns justify the risks at current valuations
- Should investors be looking to move up the risk spectrum to achieve returns?
Adrian Best, Head of Infrastructure, Victorian Funds Management Corporation
Alexandra Campbell, Senior Investment Director – Infrastructure, Australian Super
Diana Callebut, Head of Infrastructure, Cbus
Mark Murray, Principal, Mercer
- Assessing opportunities in Australia’s renewable energy sector
- Analysing the current market for renewables in Australia
- Understanding the regulatory environment
- Evaluating the risk / reward spectrum
- Identifying sustainable investment opportunities in the renewable market
- Investment opportunities in the growing offshore renewables market
- Exploring the rapid growth in the renewable energy sector
- Identifying the best investment opportunities
- Understanding the cost and pricing dynamics in energy markets
- Assessing the impact of technological developments on renewables
Speaker to be confirmed
- Panel discussion: Asset management strategies for infrastructure portfolios
- Exploring management approaches for core and non-core assets
- Maximising value and returns through asset management innovation
- Building internal resource capacity vs using external asset managers
- Selecting the best managers to achieve your investment objectives
- Monitoring investments and tracking risk characteristics and expected cash flows
Sandra Lee, Manager, Private Markets, UniSuper
Dimitra Voutas, Manager, Unlisted Assets, Suncorp
Isabelle Demir, Head of Real Assets, Frontier Advisors
- Panel discussion: Structuring a diversified infrastructure portfolio
- Setting out the objectives of infrastructure within a wider asset allocation strategy
- Getting the right resources to implement your strategy
- Assessing the relative merits of listed and unlisted infrastructure
- Identifying opportunities for diversification through offshore investments
- Ensuring your risks align with your objectives
Justin Ginnivan, Director, Infrastructure and Timberlands, Future Fund
Claire Simpson, Co-Head of Infrastructure Research, JANA
- Panel discussion: Incorporating the benefits of ESG factors into infrastructure investment
- Understanding the drivers for an increased focus on ESG
- Aligning capital with responsible stewardship of assets
- To what extent do ESG factors impact risk and returns?
- How do you measure ESG and understand the impact of sustainability on investments?
- What are the implications and risks of failing to implement ESG on infrastructure investments?
Liza McDonald, Head of Responsible Investment, First State Super
Danielle Welsh-Rose, Head of ESG, Victorian Funds Management Corporation
Mary Fallon, Director Investment Office, ANU Investment Office
Guy Rundle, Investment Manager, LGIA Super
- Successfully navigating the complexities of greenfield infrastructure projects
- Balancing the risk and returns associated with greenfield investments
- What are the key challenges to success with greenfield investments?
- Why do so many greenfield infrastructure projects exceed budgets and blow out time frames?
- Selecting the right partners to ensure success
Andy Matthews, Head of Greenfield Infrastructure,InfraCapital
- Exploring opportunities in infrastructure debt markets
- Defining debt infrastructure markets
- Establishing the case for private debt markets
- Identifying the investment position for institutional investors
- Managing the project and income risks associated with debt markets
Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
- Evaluating the case for emerging market infrastructure
- Understanding the risk and return balance for emerging markets
- Where do the best opportunities lie, and which markets should be avoided?
- Mitigating the key risks associated with emerging markets
- Selecting the right partners when investing in emerging markets
- Infrastructure in the US: Opportunities and challenges
- Addressing the projected shortfall of infrastructure in the US: Where are the opportunities for investment?
- Assessing the pricing and returns of US infrastructure deals
- Working in the American market: Infrastructure at the federal and municipality levels
- Risk and regulation under the Trump administration and the implications for direct investment
- Investing in data centres to achieve high, infrastructure like returns
- Overview of the global data centre market
- Understanding the drivers for growth in data centres
- Comparing data centre returns with infrastructure and real estate
- Ensuring income protection in data centres