Workshop B: Your Time Matters – Working Smart in today’s workplace
Friday 6th November, 2020 | 13:00 – 16:00
“Too much to do and not enough time in which to do it?”
Today, more than ever we are under constant pressure to perform.
It is then critical we are working smarter not harder.
This workshop will focus on how to increase productivity in achieving the right results, saving time and thereby reducing stress in the fast-moving environment specific to EA’s.
Based on Priority Management’s Productivity Formula:
Right TASK + Right TOOL + Right PROCESS = Right RESULT
You will identify how you can work smart in terms of managing effectively your Workload, Time, Email and Communications.
You will be shown how you can tailor your tools such as Outlook, OneNote and Smart Phones to work “smart” for you and adopt Best Practise Processes, specific to EA’s, which will enhance and improve your performance.
This will be an interactive workshop with plenty of opportunity for discussion and sharing of ideas, tips and techniques.
After attending this workshop you will:
- Fully utilise your “office tools” to support the way you want to work
- Put a daily planning process in place, while remaining flexible enough to respond to important priorities
- Work from a clear inbox, and manage inbound work pro-actively rather than reactively
- Feel more in control and motivated and reduce stress levels
- Achieve a long lasting and healthy work/life choices
- Deliver more of the right results, at the right time
- Develop a set of visible work practices that will encourage complementary work practices from other team members
About your workshop leader
Chris Macintosh is dedicated to changing the way people work by giving corporations, teams and individuals the processes, tools and behaviours to be more successful and to be better at what they do every day. For the last twenty two years his company, Priority Management, has provided training which gives managers and staff the ability to focus to achieve more every day through showing them how to manage their communications, give them strategies to stay productive with constantly shifting priorities while minimising the negative effect of day-to-day distractions
Facilitation is his strength and he has plenty of actual workplace experience to draw on. He takes great pride in his ability to work seamlessly with all levels of an organisation from CEO to receptionist not only as a facilitator but also as a coach and consultant.
Chris has worked specifically with EA’s within Government and the private sector and understands the unique demands and challenges of this role.