4th Annual Infrastructure Investment Australia Summit
16 August 2018, L’Aqua, Sydney – draft agenda
Panel discussion: Locating opportunities in a competitive marketplace
- Finding the right investments in a competitive arena
- Looking for new opportunities in mid-market segments
- Identifying non-traditional and “soft” infrastructure opportunities
Panel discussion: Asset management and portfolio building
- Identifying the role of infrastructure within a broader portfolio
- Diversifying exposure to the infrastructure sector
- Comparing the benefits of unlisted and listed infrastructure entities
- Improving returns through active asset management
Creating long term value through investment in environmental sustainability in infrastructure assets
- Developing a collaborative approach to responsible asset management
- Working with partners to achieve environmental sustainability of assets
- Adding value to existing assets by reducing their carbon footprint
- Increasing transparency of emissions reporting as part of commitment to ESG outcomes
Investing in renewables
- Weighing the risks and rewards in renewables investments
- Gaining exposure to the market
- Comparing the Australian and global renewables markets
- The future of renewable energy and energy storage infrastructure in Australia
Panel discussion: Principal agency and the manager-investor relationship
- The principal agency model
- What are the pressures on fees?
- What characteristics make a good manager?
- Performance drivers and co-investment as means of maintaining alignment with managers
Infrastructure in the US: Opportunities and challenges
- Where are the opportunities for investment?
- Working in the American market: Infrastructure at the federal and municipality levels
- Risk and regulation under the Trump administration and the implications for direct investment
Investing in emerging markets
- Identifying high yield opportunities for infrastructure investment
- Managing associated risks of investing in emerging economies and adjusting returns accordingly
- Comparing performance of infrastructure assets to those in the OECD and Australian markets
Panel discussion: Overcoming asset valuations
- What are the defining characteristics of infrastructure?
- How are prices affecting yields?
- What are the impacts of changing interest rates?
- Analysing valuations and prices of infrastructure assets
Assessing the impact of political factors on investment performance
- Managing the effects of mid-stream shifts and changes in administration
- What are the impacts of government regulatory policy and support for privatisation on asset acquisition and performance?
- Outlook for changes in global capital allocation
A disruptive future? Working with new technologies
- Future impact of vehicle automation on transport infrastructure
- Investing in the grid of the future: Smart grid technology and virtual power plants
- Risk in the future and the need for incorporating enhanced cybersecurity into infrastructure projects
- Long-term asset management and adapting to new technologies